Job Title: Senior Events Designer
Location: Windsor / London
Hours: Monday – Friday / 40 hours. 09:00 – 17:30 (occasional evening & weekend work will be required)
As a company we are proud of our heritage and the breadth and scale of what we provide, from iconic events at royal palaces to sporting championships, from stunning weekly installations in leading hotels to weddings across the country, not forgetting our flagship store in London. We handle over 1,500 events a year, and also look after more than 150 weddings; each one is meticulously organised and carefully created by a wonderful team of designers and florists.
This role is an integral role for the events and weddings team, which includes working collaboratively to ensure that the proposals and events that Lavender Green provide continue to be market leading with creativity at their core. This role will work within the events and weddings sales team interpreting an initial client brief through to mood board and final designs. Working with all departments to always ensure the smooth delivery and execution of events.
This role is a creative position that requires previous experience in a complimentary sector, be it interior design or fashion. A knowledge and understanding of flowers is key to the role. Experience within the events industry is required and working with unique venues of London is preferred.
The candidate must be able to demonstrate that they have the design skills as well as a clear understanding of how to manage clients whilst demonstrating proactive sales attributes. The ability to work within a (growing) team is important with good communication skills and the ability to manage teams when required.
General Day to Day: This role is a standalone role and is therefore fully responsible for the end-to-end process and output of the Finance Function, to include;
- Assist with day-to-day sales functions
- Assist with incoming enquiries in a timely manner
- Assist junior members of the team with any queries they have
- Preparing creative mood boards and event proposals to the highest quality
- Continually strive to increase your knowledge and understanding of seasonally available flowers
- Actively support in the installation of events to ensure that the relationship with the venue and client is maintained
- Ensure all events are delivered as per the brief and proposal confirmed
- Develop a good operational knowledge of all the venues and hotels we are accredited suppliers at
- Nurturing and developing excellent client, venue and other supplier relationships including but not limited to caterers and production teams
- Managing relationships with existing clients and proactively search for new clients and business opportunities
- Review competitors regularly to identify possible areas for development and new business opportunities and trends
- Good organisational skills with the ability to plan ahead • Good communication and interpretation skills, an ability to listen and take in the requirements before deciding on look and feel
- Understanding of working with CRM and customer databases
- Ability to think creatively and generate original ideas, with an interest in design and a keen eye for detail
- A confident and reassuring phone ( and webcam ) manner; able to connect with clients
- Excellent written communication skills. Emails need to be friendly, helpful, and precise
- Impeccable communication skills, charm, confidence, and tenacity
- Accuracy and numeracy skills are essential
- Confident in working independently as well as in a team
- Ability to use one’s own initiative but not frightened to ask questions
- Prior experience in both a creative role and the events industry is essential
Applications to: email@example.com